Our planting calendars are designed to aid your planting and planning decisions for every crop in our catalog. Our growing recommendations are generalized for the majority of Western Hemisphere growing zones and include recommendations for when seeds should be started indoors, outdoors, or are ideal for containers/small urban growing spaces.
Winter Planting Guide (NEW/November 2019):
Also available as a downloadable/printable PDF. This planting calendar provides information for when most common winter crops can be seeded. It complements Grow by Season Winter Crops Collection.
Fall Planting Guide: This planting calendar is designed to provide planting information for the most common fall crops. It complements our Fall Gardening Primer and Grow by Season Fall Crops Collection. Also available in downloadable/printable PDF format.
Planting Calendars by Crop Category (last updated 2018):
- Herb Planting Calendar. Covering when to plant: Ashwagandha, Bee Balm, Burdock, Calendula, Cilantro, Comfrey, Echinacea, Elderberry, Hibiscus,Holy Basil, Hyssop, Korean Licorice Mint, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Marshmallow Root, Mint/Pennyroyal, Mugwort, Mullein, Nettle, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Thyme, Tobacco, Yarrow
- Vegetable Planting Calendar. Covering when to plant: Amaranth; Artichoke; Arugula; Barley; Basil; Bean, Fava; Beans, Snap/Pole/Bush; Beet; Broccoli; Brussels Sprout; Buckwheat; Burdock; Cabbage; Carrot; Cauliflower; Chard; Chicory; Cilantro; Collards; Corn; Cucumber; Dill; Eggplant; Fennel; Garlic; Kale; Leeks; Lettuce; Melons/Watermelon; Mustard Greens; Oats; Onion; Parsley; Parsnip; Peas; Peppers; Potato; Pumpkin; Radish; Rutabaga; Rye; Spinach; Summer Squash; Sweet Potato; Tomato/Tomatillo; Turnip; Wheat; Winter Squash; Zucchini.
- Flower Planting Calendar. Covering when to plant: Anise, Bee Balm, Calendula, Cerinthe, Chamomile, Columbine, Coreopsis
Cosmos, Dandelion, Echinacea, Gaillardia, Hollyhock, Hyssop, Lavender, Lupine, Marigold, Poppy, Primrose, Strawflower, Sunflower, Yarrow, Zinnia
- Cover Crop Planting Calendar: COMING SOON!
- Planting Calendars by Season: Spring, Summer, Fall